During the last 10 years we got to know families of Holocaust survivers in Israel. Between 2013 and 2016 short interviews with effected persons, their children and grandchildren were done. The film of Anna Schmidt shows the painful memories from the Holocaust but also the dealings of the following generations with this dark part of their family history. It's impressing to see these people aren't desperate by their past but they have built up a new life for themselves and for their families. It was and is a big privilege for us to be friends with these people and to remain a part of their lifes.
Anna Schmidt creates and produces documentary films, reportages, image and art films. Details about the film director you find here www.schmidt-film.com
Trailer to the film:
Our film is available from now on by https://vimeo.com/ondemand/stjg
Until spring season we will care for giving a wide publicity access to our film also by DVD.
"Many people will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem." Isaiah 2:3
Our work should be a gate through which reconciliation and supporting between Germans and Israelis, Christians and Jews flows. Our wish is, that a lot of people will come in touch with the God of Israel, the creator of the universe and king of the world, by our work.
As our work is very diverse you can compare the single fields with gates which invite you to enter.
- Very important to us is the support of messianic churches in Israel.
- Also important for us is the reconciliation with survivors of the Holocaust.
- We are very happy about the great relations with Jews in Leipzig, that are living again in our city.
- Our concern is the appreciation of the Jewish root of our Christian believe.
- We cherish close relationships to people all over the country of Israel, from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, from the Negev desert in the south over Samaria to Galilee in the north.
Our work is a part of the vision of the evangelic-lutheran Andreas church of Leipzig. Our work completes existing projects of our church. We are working very close together with "Pavillon der Hoffnung e.V." and "Senfkorn e.V".